Sunday, April 10, 2011

Waiting for Summer

I'm sitting here in the kitchen trying to work on a paper due Tuesday. I have been working on this paper all semester, and right now, I am so over it. It's at about 20 pages and I have to add 10 more. And, I have to rewrite the first 20 to respond to my professors comments and corrections. I really can't seem to stay focused on it for more than 15-20 minutes before I open a new tab to potterybarn.com or website that is more interesting than this paper.

Speaking of websites, I discovered my two, new favorite sites! My sister, Becca, told me about weheartit.com. It's a site that lets you click on pictures from other sites and it will save them all to one page on their site. So, it is perfect for DIYers like me who are always finding inspiration online for new projects. I love it. The other website, it younghouselove.com. I LOVE this website. It's a site by a young, married couple who seem to spend all their time doing projects and decorating their house--my kind of people! Seriously, though, they have instructions (complete with photos) on how to do nearly any project around the home. They also have a tab all about their wedding which was adorable and done completely by them. The even designed and printed off the invitations themselves! I told you they are my kind of people!

Benji and I have been getting ready to do our backyard! So far, our yard has been nothing but partly grown in grass and a random grill. We finally got approved for a fence, and lucky for us, our neighbors on each side started putting in their own fences about two hours before we got approved. so, now all we have to do is put in the front part! So exciting. I have been drawing up landscaping ideas in my spare time. And my not so spare time. The conversation set I want to order is temporarily out of stock. It's killing me because I am the most impatient person when it comes to projects. I want to order it now so I can get started on picking out plants and accessories, but I am going to have to wait. I hope it comes in soon. Especially since I will have to wait at least another 2 weeks after it's ordered for it to ship here.

I'll try to collect photos of the transformation process to give you a full before and after once we are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment